Recent research shows that 65% of child car seats are not properly fitted. You can get your child's car seat checked at one of our free events. Our experts will be on hand to answer questions and check your child's car seat is correctly fitted:
- Our road safety team will be based outside the main reception to answer any questions.
- Our car seat expert will be based in the car park in designated bays so that you can bring your car to our expert and have your seat checked.
Child car seat check events on:
- Wed 7 Mar 2018, 10:00 - 15:00 - Littledown Centre, BH7 7DX
- Wed 11 April 2018 11:30-15:30 - in the car park by the Ark Café, Poole Park, BH15 2SF
Why it's important to make sure your child's car seat is fitted correctly
- Your child's car seat is there to keep injuries to a minimum if there's an accident, so it's extremely important to make sure it's properly fitted. It could even save your child's life.
- Many parents don't get the correct fitting advice from the store they purchased the seat from, putting thousands of lives at risk.
- Not every type of seat will fit every car. Even if the seat is compatible, it could still be fitted incorrectly or the wrong restraint may be used for the child’s weight.
Don't use a second-hand car seat. Experts advise parents not to use a second-hand car seat because the history of the seat may be unknown and it could be damaged.
Come and see our road safety team at one of the free child car seat check days throughout the year to make sure your child's car seat is correctly fitted.