Collisions and Casualties
In Dorset during 2012, 24 people were KILLED, 369 people suffered SERIOUS injuries and 2,022 people suffered SLIGHT injuries all as a result of road traffic collisions.
Clicking on the links below shows how many road traffic collisions and casuaties there have been in Dorset year by year between 2008 and 2012.
- Collisions - are the number of collisions or 'crashes' which occur
- Casualties - are the number of people injured in the collision or crash.
The partners of Dorset Road Safe continue to work together to reduce the number of people killed or injured in road traffic collisions by using;
- Education - Driver education, cycle and pedestrian education and publicity
- Engineering - Highway improvement works
- Enforcement - Speed, mobile phone/handheld device distraction, failing to wear a seatbelt, drink driving and other driving offences.
Together through education campaigns, enforcement of traffic offences and the installation of engineering measures, we can change driver behaviour in a positive and lasting way.
Casualty Fact Sheet- Information about casualty severity classifications
About Us - Who our partners are and what we do